GHA’s office in Brussels is looking for an EU Policy & Advocacy Assistant.
EU Advocacy & Policy Assistant
Global Health Advocates France
Global Health Advocates France is looking for an EU Advocacy & Policy Assistant to support GHA EU Team in implementing GHA’s strategic priorities at EU level.
Global Health Advocates (GHA) was set up in 2001 with the need for an international advocacy and communication initiative focused on AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria, and other diseases of poverty. GHA headquarters are in Paris with a liaison office in Brussels since 2011. In partnership with civil society, our mission is to carry out political advocacy to ensure policies and resources are effectively addressing health inequalities. GHA also works with its partners in the global South to increase their advocacy capacities.
The EU Advocacy and Policy Assistant will undertake the following tasks:
- Monitor the development and discussions around EU policies and relevant political processes linked to global health (ie: development aid, research and innovation, health)
- Prepare, or work with advocacy officers to prepare documents on specific policy issues covered by GHA’s mandate, including briefing papers, policy analyses and reports, blog posts, talking points and press releases
- Undertake research and analysis relevant to support advocacy strategies
- Support the coordination of GHA-led platforms and civil society coalitions on global health
- Build and maintain contacts with the EU decision makers
- Organise events on issues related to GHA advocacy focus
- Office administration
- Any other task within the framework of GHA’s work.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent drafting skills in English
- Excellent organisational skills: ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and computer skills
- Experience in coordinating activities involving multiple stakeholders in multiple countries
- Good understanding of advocacy techniques and strategies
- Good understanding of the functioning of the European institutions
- Knowledge of global health and development issues
- Strong interest and motivation to work on poverty related issues
- Knowledge of French
- Creative, thinking out of the box, initiative taking.
DIPLOMA AND EXPERIENCE
- 6 months to one year experience working in a similar policy position in an NGO or similar setting
- Masters Degree in public health, political science, social science, communication or international relations
LOCATION: The position is Brussels-based.
TERM: this is a full time junior position for 6 months, with a Belgian CIP (Contrat d’Immersion Professionelle). Upon final evaluation and satisfaction, this can become a permanent contract.
SALARY: CIP compensation, depending on age and experience.
START DATE: as soon as possible
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “EU Advocacy and Policy Assistant *your name*” by 30 September at 6pm CET.